Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Palletopia

I was doing a search online the other day for examples on how to build wooden crates. I came across some crates that were made from wooden pallets on Ana White's site. It got me to thinking...what else have people made with wooden pallets? So, I googled it. I was amazed at some of the things I found.

I'll save you the time of googling it yourself and run through some of what I found. Some I will probably be doing myself and some I won't.

I'll probably be doing something like this for my vegetables in the backyard.

Look! A potting bench! I'll probably do a version of this one too.

You can make furniture out of pallets.

 Even if it's just for display like this one. So cute!
 Put wheels on a couple and make yourself a mobile daybed.
 Wonder if there's toilet paper inside this.
 Pretty cute.
 Wonder how much sanding went into this before they were able to work on it.

I don't know about you, but this may be a little too obvious.

Someone is very talented!
 Interesting...
Yard art?

 This is cool, but what does one do with a huge wood pallet sphere?

This couple used pallets as the bones for their stucco wall.

 Pretty cool huh?

My boys would LOVE this. All this mama sees is slivers!

Practical wood shed. Just keep the fireworks away from this baby. I bet it would light up in 1.2 seconds!

There's a riding lawn mower inside this shed.

These men turned these 206 wood pallets into...
 THIS! Can you believe it?
 And here's the inside. WOW!

So, lots of uses for FREE wood pallets besides firewood, even for those that have little experience with a hammer. I'll let you know how my projects turn out.

Remember your blessings!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Wow, that's some cool stuff! If we had a yard, I would ask Husband to help me build a veggie garden box.

Hope you have fun with book pages, mod podge, and styrofoam, and that you'll post the results!