Friday, July 2, 2010

Longing for the Perfect Backyard Picnic

A few weeks ago this was our back/side yard; a muddy mess and a place we stored stuff since we never went back there (this was just after we started laying sod).

A few weeks later we have functional yard to hang out in and "join the stars" as my younger son puts it. He means enjoy the stars. I love sod!

Functional. Don't get me wrong.  I'm loving the privacy, and I'm so thankful for our functional yard, but it still has so far to go before it's the yard that I want to spend all evening in. I see lots of potential and I know what I want it to look like in the end.  It needs lots more plants and if it were up to me it would like something this.

There's a lot still to be done.  For instance, see the trailer?  How could you not?  I plan to add a trellis to hide that eye sore and plant climbing roses. Won't that be nice?  With the power of Photoshop you can see what I hope it will look like.
Then I was thinking maybe a little seating area for a picnic table would be nice in front of the trellis.
 
Everyone have a safe and fun 4th of July!  I'll leave you with a few more pictures of the back/side yard.

Some fun lights I hung for ambiance as well as the boys' blankets where they "join the stars."

Remember your blessings!
Amber

1 comment:

Josi said...

I just love all of your creative touches and think it is so awesome how you plan it out with visuals before you do something. You can't go wrong!