Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Locker Reveal

Remember the locker I built?  It's made out of pine and cedar.  I couldn't decide whether I should paint it white or stain it.  Almost everyone said "stain it!"

Here's what I came up with. White wash stain on the pine and dark stain on the cedar back planks. What do you think?

I think it turned out great, and I really love it!

I had tried to make wood boxes for the cubbies made out of old pallets.  I wasn't a crazy fan of that.  The reason I tried that was because I had a hard time finding baskets to fit the spaces. After searching every store I could think of I finally found some!  Can you believe it? They fit perfectly!  Needless to say, I was thrilled.

Here's the locker loaded up with the boys' backpacks and coats.

And the boys getting ready to go to school.  The top is so bare. I don't know what to put up there. If you've got any suggestions please share!

Have a fantastic week, and remember your blessings!
Amber

1 comment:

8 said...

It looks AWESOME! Great job!