Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How We Celebrated 11 Years of Bliss

My husband and I celebrated our 11 year anniversary this past weekend. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it could be that long already and some days it feels like it should be at least 20 years by now. All-in-all it's been such a wonderful 11 years and I am so very very lucky to have found such an amazing man to spend my life with.

My mom offered to take the kids for the weekend, and who am I to turn her down? Since we had the whole weekend kid and pet free we decided to go camping. Just the hubs, me, and the chipmunks!

I had completely forgotten how wonderful camping can be when there is nobody whining things like "I'm hungry. I'm thirsty. Are we there yet? I want to roast marshmallows. That's mine! He hit me! I want to shoot my bb gun. Can I go fishing? My line is snagged. I don't like the bugs. I'm bored. I want to ride the 4-wheeler." For any of you that have gone camping with kids, you know how chaotic it can be.

Don't get me wrong. I do like camping with the whole family, but there is never any quiet time to just sit and think and maybe read a book while enjoying the nature around you.

The lack of children and pets allowed me to take more pictures than I normally do so I have quite a few to share. Let me walk you through our blissful weekend. Oh, and if you want to see any of them bigger just click on them.

We didn't get out of town until 5:15 Friday evening, which meant we didn't make it to camp until 8:30, but the timing was good for some pretty dusk-time pictures.

We spent most of Saturday on a long 4-wheeler ride. We drove on roads that had views like this.

We stopped at several places.  The first was called Prospector's Point.  It was beautiful there and there were some very friendly little chipmunks. This little guy posed for me.

After that we headed on to Lost Lake, which wasn't very lost considering the amount of people we met coming and going along the way.

This lake was full of crawdads!  One even wanted to take on the hubs who was apparently on his rock.

After taking a little swim we again were on our way to our next destination–Fish Lake. This one took a little longer to get to and the hike was quite a bit harder, but we eventually got there. Beautiful!

Hubs did some fishing and caught a fish nearly every time he threw his line out. Unfortunately the fish were very small. I caught the biggest one and it was only about six inches long. We would have stayed longer but the mosquitos were horrible!!!

It was really pretty where we camped and you could hear the creek running. It was so soothing.

I picked huckleberries on Sunday and we headed home around 1:00. What an awesome weekend! Here are a few more pictures from the weekend.

I love you honey! I can't wait to spend the next 50 years with you!

Remember your blessings!
Amber

3 comments:

Cover your mouth when you cough. said...

Amazing pictures! I hope you don't mind, I set the last one as my desktop : )

shannon said...

Beautiful pictures!!! Thanks for sharing them!!

8 said...

gorgeous photos as always. looks like you had a great time.