Monday, November 15, 2010

It's a Love Story

I realize many of you may think it is over-the-top to blog about my KitchenAid, and I'm not going to deny that I considered myself a little nutty to be doing it, but here's the thing... I LOVE my KitchenAid stand mixer.  It was my first year anniversary present from my husband, and it's pretty much the only one I remember.

Those of you who own a KitchenAid stand mixer know where I come from.  Those of you who don't... well, all I can say is that I'm sorry, and maybe you should be nicer in the future so Santa will bring you one of these instead of a lump of cold black coal.

So, what prompted me to want to blog about my KitchenAid?  Well, I got it a new friend last week.  Ever since I saw the KitchenAid 90th anniversary limited-edition 5-quart stand mixer in gorgeous candy apple red sitting on the William-Sonoma showroom floor, I've wanted the glass bowl that was accompanying it.


I'm not kidding when I say I heard angels sing.  Say I'm not the only one.

I was crushed when the evil lady at William-Sonoma told me it only comes with the KitchenAid 90th anniversary limited-edition 5-quart stand mixer in gorgeous candy apple red.  Crushed!  So, I have patiently waited and waited and waited and when I saw one box, containing one 5-quart KitchenAid mixing bowl sitting on the floor by the KitchenAid display in Tri-State I swooped it up, not even caring that it wasn't on sale.

My mom told me I should wait until Christmas. I told her she was crazy and that I'd already have all my cooking done before Christmas so what's the point in that?

I've written a song for my wonderful cooking companion, sung to the tune of "Love Story" by Taylor Swift.


We were both young when I first saw you
I close my eyes
And the flashback starts
I'm standing there
In my apron pouring flour everywhere.

I see your beater
See it spinning madly
Whipping up the the batter, man it sure is handy
And I'm hands-free, little did I know

That you would change the way I bake cakes and peach pies
Frosting, mashed potatoes, how it makes me cry
And now my life is so much easier
I'll love to till the day I die, and I say

KitchenAid it's sure been a great ten years
Your whirling motor has been like music to my ears
You knead the bread dough, while I go to recess
It's a love story, baby let's make a mess


Remember your blessings!
Amber

3 comments:

Josi said...

OH how I love you! And yes, you make me laugh. All your song writing lately. We should have sat down and had a serious jam session this weekend.
P.S. If Mom desperately is wanting to get one as a gift for Christmas, you can mention that I wouldn't mind having one.....just sayin.

shannon said...

I love my Mixer, too. Not as much as you love yours though.....I only wrote a haiku for mine :)

mixing it up in florida,
shannon

8 said...

LOVE the song!!! And its not wrong to blog about what makes your heart sing with joy, literally! I am very happy for your new addition to your kitchen aid family!