Thursday, July 9, 2009

Trying It on for Size (My Photoshop Fitting Room)

I can't begin to tell you how much I love Photoshop! I've saved a lot of money and time trying out a certain look in a room before deciding to go with it or forget about it.

For example, when I was trying to decide what kind of curtains I wanted to put up on my porch I found some examples online that I "tried on" and tried different colors.

I tried these first. Nice, but not quite what I was looking for.
Maybe in a different color... or maybe not. Yikes!
Ooo.. some nice sheer-type billowy curtains. Maybe these will work. Bingo! That's what I'm going for.
I found the look I wanted, then went ahead and did it. I posted the end result on my blog with this picture.Another example is the lattice on my front porch. I used photoshop to try out different options and posted the poll. Remember that? Here's my lattice as it is now.
Here's one of the looks I tried on for size.
Currently, I'm playing with my guest bedroom. It needs some work.
Wonder what it would look like with white plank-type walls, a different window treatment, a sitting bench with baskets, and the bedframe I picked up at that yardsale for $25.

I want to paint the bedframe but haven't decided what color yet. So, I found similar styles of the frame and borrowed it for my rendering.
Eventually, I'd also love to put in wood flooring which will help so much in this room.

I ordered a slip cover and rug for my livingroom based on this Photoshop rendering I did. The slip cover was delivered yesterday and it looks awesome. I got notice that the rug shipped, but it's not here yet. Hopefully soon.

Remember your blessings!

Amber

1 comment:

Julia said...

That is the coolest thing. I can't even imagine how hard it must be to work a program that can do that. That's so awesome. Thanks again for your email! That was really sweet of you.