Since I haven't taken any new pictures lately or finished any new home projects to share (yet), I thought I would pass along a couple cute Valentine project/activity ideas.
Let your kids know how special you think they are and how much you enjoy the things you do together using a scavenger hunt game I used last year for CJ since he can read. It was a HUGE hit! He just loved all the notes, and he felt so special. Here's how it works.
Cut out paper hearts and write messages on each that include a clue for where to look for the next clue. Such as this one:
Some ideas are:
- I love the way we cuddle on the COUCH to watch Spongebob.
- I love watching you play BASKETBALL. You are so quick and always let others on the team have a chance.
- Thank you for always brushing your teeth so well and teaching your brother. You are such a great big brother!
I plan to do this project with the boys tomorrow. This one is just photoshoped together. What mother, grandmother, or aunt wouldn't love this framed for Valentine's Day?
A few years ago I did something like this for Mother's Day, but I've also seen this done where the flower was replaced by a sucker for Valentine's Day.
Here are few more ideas.
- Cupid's Tree Scavenger Hunt
- Here's a ready-made document with graphics that I found online: VALENTINE.doc
- Decorate heart-shaped sugar cookies together.
- Handmade cards.
- Go to a local ceramics shop and paint tiles, mugs, plates, etc. in valentine colors.
- Decorate a matboard frame with foam hearts from the craft store.
- For the real young kids I found this that you could do and frame. So cute!
I hope some of these ideas has inspired you. Enjoy Valentine's Day!
Remember your blessings!