Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bubble-Up Pizza

I've never posted recipes on my blog before.  Mainly because cooking is not my forte. I don't have any original recipes. I just use ones other people have created.  It's not different in this case.  I'm sure there are very few people who have not heard of Bubble-up Pizza.  I just thought I'd post it here because it's easy, quick, and everyone loves it.  It's a hit with my kids, and those of you who are grandparents, if you want to score some points make this for the grandkids! It's a very versatile recipe. Any topping you like on your pizza can go into this one.  Eezy-peezy!

So, here goes. My poor attempt at sharing a recipe through bad photos.  What can I say? It's a learning experience.

This is what I put in my bubble-up pizza this time (cheese not shown). I just used whatever I had in my fridge. The only must-haves are the biscuits, sauce (spaghetti or pizza), and cheese. Everything else can be changed up. Although, I think a BBQ chicken one might be tasty, in which case I wouldn't use spaghetti sauce, but BBQ instead.  Hmmm...
Unwrap your biscuits and cut each into quarters. Like so.
Then throw them into a bowl.
Add about 1/3 jar of your sauce and about 1/2 cup of shredded cheese right on top of the biscuits and stir. Mozzarella would be the preferred cheese, but I didn't have any so I used monteray jack instead.
Now add the "toppings" – as little or as much as you want. I used olives, bacon, and fresh chopped up parsley. Next time I'll be using pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, and probably a little onion. Or whatever I have on hand. Stir it all up.
Pour everything out into a baking dish. I know it doesn't look very appetizing this way, does it?
Pour the remainder of your spaghetti or pizza sauce over the concoction.
Cover in cheese! Cheese makes everying better.  This was about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of cheese I think. Just like with pizza and enchiladas, you can never have too much cheese.
Throw into your 400°F oven and bake for about 25 minutes. Take it out and let it cool for about 5 minutes, then serve.
I need practice with my food photography.  This photo does not do it justice... at all.

You can look up this recipe anywhere online, but to make it easy for you, here's the base recipe that I deviated from quite a bit.

Bubble-Up Pizza
1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained

1/4 lb. pepperoni
1 small can olives
15 oz. spaghetti or pizza sauce
2 - 12 oz. cans Pillsbury biscuits
2 C shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9x13" pan.
Cut biscuits into quarters and put in a large bowl. Add about 1/3 of the spaghetti/pizza sauce and about 1/2 C of cheese.
Brown and drain the ground beef. Add to bowl.
Add pepperoni, olives, and any other ingredients you want to the bowl.
Stir and dump out into your pan.
Pour remaining sauce on top of the mixture, then spread the remaining cheese over top of sauce.
Bake for about 25 minutes.
When you take the dish out, it will be bubbling, so allow it to sit for 10 minutes.

Remember your blessings!
Amber

2 comments:

wholarmor said...

That looks great! I've never heard of it before, so thanks for the idea. I'm sure my kids will love it!

8 said...

I am so trying this! Your pictures are always great so stop fussing! I will have to let you know what the kids think of it as soon as I make it........