Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pears Galore!

I've been overrun by pears. My mom has a pear tree in front of her house and we went to town Sunday and ended up picking over 10 overflowing bags of the little juicy fruits.  It was so fun!  However, picking that many pears at one time poses a problem.  I really have to figure out something to do with them all.

This is just a small few of the pears that have invaded my kitchen.


I started with some pear butter. This pot of cut up pears fills the house with the most wonderful aroma!

You'd think that a stock pot full of cubed pears would make quite a dent in my first basket of pears. Not so much. 

The pear butter turned out soooo yummy!

I also made country pear cobbler. I doubled the recipe and, as you can see, just baked it in the cast iron pan I cooked the pears in.


Isn't the bubbling beautiful?!


Sweet sweet cobbler. Perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a cup of joe.

And just like that, it was gone. YUM!

Remember your blessings!
Amber

1 comment:

Josi said...

Oh wow! That all looks amazing. I hope you are planning on bringing some pear butter to grandma's. Hint hint