Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Like Diamonds

I'm still not tired of the cold weather and all the snow.  Call me crazy, but I'm actually really enjoying it this year.  Ask me again in about a month or so.  My opinion on this will probably be different by then.

This past weekend it was cold. Single-digit type of cold. Because it has stayed cold enough we got a wonderful winter wonderland to enjoy. I don't mean the normal snow. I mean glittering, shimmering, sparkling all around us. I felt like I was surrounded by diamonds. In the trees, on the fences, and just laying all about.

I tried to capture the beauty, but I couldn't get the sparkling or glimmering you get in real life. This is about as close as I came. Just a little sparkle.
(as always, you can click on these photos to see them larger).

The sparkle in the trees was due to all the ice that was stuck to the tree branches.

Obviously it was all about the trees for me, based on the pictures I took. It's like God added white twinkle lights to every tree around us.



I just loved how the orange branches showed through on these trees.

The sun was setting behind this ridge, and the rays created a warm glow that filled the tree line.
Magnificent and magical!

Remember your blessings!
Amber

1 comment:

* The MOM said...

Gorgerous!! Simply beautiful! I'm not tired of it yet either. Although i hate dressing the kids in the morning. ((sigh)) Love all the white. :) The pictures are gorgeous as usual. :)